UPDATE 3/17/20: Effective immediately, all Legal Aid of Nebraska offices will be closed until further notice.
Legal Aid of Nebraska provides free civil legal services to over 23,000 low-income Nebraskans each year, through six offices located across Nebraska. Legal Aid recognizes our responsibility to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) by taking several actions to insure the health and safety of our clients, staff, volunteers, community partners, and the multiple Nebraska communities in which we daily work.
We recognize these actions may affect access to legal services, and may cause some inconveniences and delays in the efforts to “make equal justice happen,” but we are confident they also will help to hasten a return to normal for everyone.
- We have temporarily closed our Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island, Scottsbluff, and Bancroft offices effective Monday, March 16.
- This includes the closing of all Access to Justice (A2J) walk-in self-help clinics across the state.
- No in-person client meetings or walk-in intakes in any Legal Aid office will be held unless essential to our legal representation.
- These offices will be closed until further notice.
- Further office closings will be determined as necessary.
- Legal Aid continues to provide its free legal assistance during these and any other office closings.
- Staff will be working remotely, and will make all required court appearances.
- Staff will not, however, participate in any in-person outreach, community education, trainings, clinics, or other group activity until further notice.
- We encourage individuals in need of legal assistance to continue to apply for legal services:
- Online at lawhelpne.org
- Or call for assistance toll-free:
- STATEWIDE ACCESSLINE®: 1-877-250-2016
- ELDERACCESSLINE® (AGE 60+): 1-800-527-7249
- NATIVE AMERICAN ACCESSLINE®: 1-800-729-9908