Director of Donor Relations
Legal Aid of Nebraska, the largest statewide law-firm providing free civil legal services to low-income Nebraskans, seeks a Director of Donor Relations to join the team in Omaha. Legal Aid’s mission is to address poverty through civil legal services, and is a leader in housing, income, benefits, consumer, health, and other legal advocacy. The Director of Donor Relations is responsible for the leadership, management and coordination of Legal Aid of Nebraska’s development efforts. The Director works in partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to develop, implement and coordinate fund development and organizational advancement.
- Development & Donor Relations:
- Develop, implement and manage a fundraising plan to secure annual support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage donor database including entry of new contacts, interactions, notes etc.
- Manage donor written correspondence, acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and donor relations communications.
- Work with the Executive Director to coordinate fundraising activities, research new donor prospects, cultivate existing donor base and conduct personal solicitations.
- Maintain oversight over all fundraising activities: annual giving, major giving, planned giving, grants, special events, direct mail appeals and corporate giving.
- Responsible for oversight and execution of all fundraising events, to include developing and maintaining event budgets and other details.
- Manage private and corporate foundation grant proposals: researching, writing, editing and submitting.
- Develop, implement and manage an organizational communication, marketing, public relations plan and activities.
- Coordinate all e-communications to donors, constituents, etc.
- Manage the design and production of all printed materials, such as brochure cards, annual report, etc.
- Draft media releases and coordinate relations with traditional media.
- Manage relationships with reporters, editors, columnists and bloggers.
- Coordinate all social media activity.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge required.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of fund development and maintenance for nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
Legal Aid of Nebraska offers excellent supervision, training and support, state-of-the-art technology, and team-focused work environments. Experience-based competitive salary. Bonus pay for relevant bilingual capability. Excellent benefits package. Moderate travel throughout the state of Nebraska is required.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest, resume, and references to Erin Cihal, Director of Human Resources, at ecihal [at] legalaidofnebraska [dot] org. Position open until filled. Legal Aid of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REACH INITIATIVE Staff Attorney (North Platte)
Legal Aid of Nebraska, the statewide provider of free civil legal services to low-income Nebraskans seeks a staff attorney to be the coordinator of the REACH Initiative (Raising Effective Advocacy for Crime victims Health and safety). The position will be located in North Platte. REACH Initiative attorneys will bring legal services to communities in central and western Nebraska by providing a range of civil legal services to low-income victims of domestic violence, elder abuse and exploitation. The attorneys will travel regularly to rural communities to establish and maintain community partnerships, conduct community education, and provide quality civil legal services. The REACH Initiative Coordinator will also be responsible for the coordination of work done by the REACH Initiative, including ensuring that goals are met and providing written reports. Be a part of making justice happen for low-income Nebraskans!
Successful applicants will have good research, writing, litigation and communication skills. Successful applicants will also have a demonstrated interest or experience in advancing goal of equal justice for all. Must be admitted to Nebraska bar or out-of-state bar with pending waiver application to Nebraska bar. Must have a current driver’s license and properly licensed and insured vehicle.
Legal Aid of Nebraska offers excellent supervision, training and support, state-of-the-art technology, and team-focused work environments. Student loan assistance repayment may be available assuming eligibility for Legal Aid’s repayment program. Experience-based competitive salary. Bonus pay for relevant bilingual capability. Excellent benefits package, including employer matched 403(b).
Send cover letter, resume, references, and a writing sample limited to 5 pages to: Erin Cihal, Director of Human Resources, at ecihal [at] legalaidofnebraska [dot] org. Positions open until filled. Legal Aid of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reach Initiative Volunteer Law Clerks
Legal Aid of Nebraska, the statewide provider of free civil legal services to low-income Nebraskans, seeks two law students for unpaid clerkships with our REACH Initiative (Raising Effective Advocacy for Crime victims Health and safety). The REACH Initiative brings legal services to communities in central and western Nebraska by providing a range of civil legal services to low-income victims of domestic violence, elder abuse and exploitation. The preferred position location is Scottsbluff, North Platte or Grand Island, but it may be located in Lincoln or Omaha. Under the supervision of an attorney, law students have the opportunity to: conduct client interviews; obtain discovery and other evidence; assist attorneys in preparing for hearings and trials; conduct legal research; write briefs and other legal memoranda; draft documents and legal pleadings, assist in the representation of domestic violence and elder abuse victims; assist with community education and outreach presentations to partners and low-income individuals; prepare educational and informational materials; and learn about the court system in Nebraska including observing court proceedings. Some travel may be required.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest, resume, references and a writing sample limited to 3 pages to Erin Cihal, Director of Human Resources, at ecihal [at] legalaidofnebraska [dot] org. Please include your location preference. Position open until filled. EOE.